Do I Need a Social Media Agency?
by Angela Forsyth, Editor, Local Social Media
Here’s the thing. Managing your personal social media and managing your business social media are two very different things. You might post pictures of your vacation on Facebook that get you hundreds of likes, and you could be a rock star on Instagram with a thousand followers, but that doesn’t necessarily mean you can sell on social media. It means you’re popular and well-liked, which is a great jumping-off point! To make money, you have to know the basic principles of business, advertising and marketing and how they specifically apply to social networks like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest and YouTube.
You also need to have a deep understanding of the technical side of social media. That means knowing how to read the analytics to see which marketing campaigns are working and which aren’t. You should be able to see which posts are leading people back to your website, or in some cases, making instant sales through imbedded links.
As a business owner, you might be wearing a lot of different hats. You’re handling sales, billing, shipping, accounting, marketing and IT. Few people have the experience, let alone the time, to take on social media as well. If you’re not sure whether you need to hire a social media agency, ask yourself the following questions:
1. Are you struggling to get more followers?
2. Is it hard to increase your engagement rate?
3. Do you want an outside perspective on your social media campaigns?
4. Do you need help with analytics to measure your views and click-throughs?
5. Are you unable to achieve your marketing goals because of time constraints?
6. Do you have a social media budget, but aren’t sure how to use it effectively?
If answering these questions is making you cringe, don’t let yourself get overwhelmed. This doesn’t mean you have to blow your profits and hire a big advertising agency; and it certainly doesn’t mean you should give up. It just means you should consider outsourcing this work. You can start by looking at agencies like Local Social Media which cater to small and mid-size businesses and know how to maximize tight budgets.
If you’re on the fence – you know you should be doing more, but you’re not ready to jump in and hire an agency – there’s a way to ease in and test the waters. Recently, there’s been a shift toward project-based agency work. Businesses are hiring professionals to help them with specific social marketing campaigns. It’s a great way to try it out.
What can social media agencies do?
1. Develop brand awareness across social networks including Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, Pinterest and YouTube.
2. Create and publish original high-quality content that is relative specifically to sought after customers within the business sales region
3. Create a regular publishing schedule and promote content through social advertising
4. Manage content on social media platforms, including website
5. Increase SEO (search engine optimization) and draw more traffic to the website
6. Reputation management
7. Provide influencers
8. Train businesses in social media
Local Social Media, is an online digital content and marketing company designed to create consistent local branding for clients. Established in 2011, it was one of the first to use the influence of social media to give clients the edge over their competition.
#socialmedia #blogs #businessblogs #onlinemarketing #digitalmarketing #localmarketing #onlinemarketing #localonlinemarketing #localsocialmedia #businessmarketing #facebook #instagram #fairfieldcounty #westchestercounty #hoboken #putnamcounty #ny #nj #ct #Stamford #norwalk #ridgefield #Greenwich #Brewster #socialmediamarketing #socialmediamarketingagency